Honda Twins banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree with some that the pages are too busy. I'm relatively new to the forum and was just getting comfortable with the previous format. I try to search for something before starting a new topic. Maybe it's just me, but I find it difficult to find most topics that I know have already been posted. Overall, I am very grateful for the support from this forum's members.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
I'm a member of a Africa Twin forum owned by the same company and it just got updated yesterday to the same software, looks identical. So much so, I'll have to double check which forum I'm on before posting :p Can't blame them for streamlining the software, managing multiple types of forum software and versions would be a nightmare.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I swear, I honestly do hate to complain (I know, it doesn't seem like it), but are the new servers on a dial-up network or something?
This place is painfully slow tonight. I only pop in once in a while these days so not sure if it's a quirk or the new normal.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I’m with tools.. hard to navigate.. to “busy”.. when looking at a thread you could see how many responses there were.. and go directly to the last post..
I’m finding myself having to read a full thread more than once..
Sure it just may be a matter of gettin familiar with it..
I’m just gotta find the time..

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Rob there is a button at the upper right of the page labeled 'Jump to Latest' perhaps that will help?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I also noticed I had a “filter” checked.. so I was only seeing partial new posts...
I love this site, and everyone that adds content...
It’s just a matter of “learning”

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I just discovered it.. thanks
That looks a whole lot different than on my phone...
Yes, I switched to desktop view for that screenshot so as not to raise comments from the majority of desktop users.
My mobile view (which I use most) has that button on the upper left at the top of any page in any thread.

Ironically right now I'm on an actual computer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ya know, I was trying to find that "users online" stat again and noticed the "trending posts" section at the bottom of the home page. Of half a dozen or so threads, ONE is relatively current. Some are YEARS old and the one at the very top hasn't been viewed for two months! When a potential new member comes by looking around, that can't look very inviting. :unsure:

There are threads getting hit everyday that aren't in that list. For instance, there's a thread on here somewhere concerning evolving language. Maybe that's the problem here and I just think of a different definition so, uh, what exactly qualifies as "trending?" o_O

Nevermind. It's not important. Wondering though, since there is the "new" button right at the top of the page that does take you to ALL the current threads, maybe it'd be a good idea to just delete this "trending" thing. That way nobody has to update it... since obviously it doesn't do that by itself automatically. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Yeah, I have a problem with the Trending thing myself, once in a while it changes but generally stays the same. It's like the Showcase pictures posted by the Admins, ones of their choosing. Not sure who or what updates it. Here's how you find Online Members - first, go here

then

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
Reminds me of an admonition from one of my mentors long ago. Different terminology, but just as valid today:

"Never allow your IT department to be run by IT people. If it is the focus will be fixed firmly on the process, not on the product."

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah, I have a problem with the Trending thing myself, once in a while it changes but generally stays the same. It's like the Showcase pictures posted by the Admins, ones of their choosing. Not sure who or what updates it. Here's how you find Online Members...
Got it! Hmmm. 7:20 on Fri. night and only 8 members... but 337 guests? :eek:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I like the old program of 5 weeks back or so. Early to find what I was following, liked how the photos were saved and linked, how it arranged, everything. I don't do social media so haven't placed personal comments.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Guests have always far outnumbered members on line.
Yeah, I guess that's to be expected. If you Google anything for these bikes somewhere in the list is a link to a thread on HT. I just never thought it would be that many vs. actual members. The "product" being produced here (by members) is certainly of considerable value.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's a quick question. Why is it when I hit the new button the list has post from all kinds of different dates listed? Some are old and some are new. Shouldn't it list the newest ones 1st? Am I missing something, maybe something to click to list them in order from newest 1st.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts