Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
His $25 (or above) went in at 6 something AM...I Always bid $25.01 or the like to get that highest bid.....Sorry you got sniped...... :( Steve

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
His $25 (or above) went in at 6 something AM...I Always bid $25.01 or the like to get that highest bid.....Sorry you got sniped...... :( Steve
Ok, I see. My max bid was $25 and either he had a higher bid in the wings or his $25 got placed first. I usually bid an odd amount like you recommended but so I don't know why I didn't in this case.

Bummer.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Bird76Mojo said:
For around $25.00 you should be able to buy the stainless ones offered on Ebay..

GB :mrgreen:
I have not seen these stainless one of which you speak but I will have a look. :)

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Mike -

I think I may have one spare out there somewhere - do you want it??
If you've got one that's in great condition I'll gladly take it off your hands. Otherwise, I'll just wait and send both of the ones I have in for along with the other stuff I plan on getting chromed. Things like the exhaust collars, cable guide on the handlebar clamp and front turn signal extensions. I was able to purchase a new gas cap/latch and new fork caps so when I see the other original stuff it really looks out of place. I've got so much into this thing now what's a few more bucks. :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Woops - sorry Mike, I thought you were talking about the long bolt things that those screws screw into.
Good luck finding those screws.......

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Thanks, I'll send him a note.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I contacted the guy and he has some reproduction screws for the side cover in polished stainless. Additionally, he has the rubber piece that is no longer available. Not cheap though.

Looks like I'm going to be spending some more money.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I know his stuff isn't cheap but the fact that it'll never rust is nice to know I think.. Plus it'll be harder to screw up the heads/slots of the screws.. He even has repro's made of the torsion bar adjuster/lock nuts made out of stainless. No one else does this as far as I know..

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Bird76Mojo said:
I know his stuff isn't cheap but the fact that it'll never rust is nice to know I think.. Plus it'll be harder to screw up the heads/slots of the screws.. He even has repro's made of the torsion bar adjuster/lock nuts made out of stainless. No one else does this as far as I know..

I saw the stainless adjusting lock nuts too and they look very nice. I may have to get a set of those as well sometime in the near future.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Stainless is rust-resistant, NOT unrustable..........

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Depends on the grade or alloy from what I've learned over the years. I'd like to see my DRZ exhaust rust. It's hardly possible if you ask me.. Plus the meat cutting equipment we used would've rusted if anything would've. Not one spec on any part of it. Not even underneath. The tables were TIG welded so those welds didn't rust either, unlike MIG welded stainless..

I do see lower grades of stainless that will or have rusted. Especially on any MIG welds where the properties of the alloy has been changed.

Anyway, this seems like the wrong thread for a metallurgy discussion.

GB :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts