Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Thomasmcs here, thank you for this forum.
I'm a little lost so I apologize if I do anything wrong. I pulled my old 68/69?? Honda CL350 out of the shed last weekend
and will be reading up on giving her some TLC so I can ride her again, it's been about 8 years since I rode her.
I put a picture of her as my profile pic since I don't know how to post a picture here.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey, welcome aboard.......yes......pix....yes.....

Glad you decided to pull it out. Not nice to keep little twins in a shed.

One of these days, I'll get mine going...................still a long ways to go.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^as above - and here's a visual version

post pics.jpg

and welcome. Plenty of 350 help here if you need it. And these will help you identify exactly what you have

CL350.jpg CL350-2.jpg

and just to be completely clear, click on the picture to open it, then click again to enlarge it to read the information pertaining to the individual differences between years

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, welcome aboard.......yes......pix....yes.....

Glad you decided to pull it out. Not nice to keep little twins in a shed.

One of these days, I'll get mine going...................still a long ways to go.
Yes, I've felt really bad having it stuck there. At least my wife is not trying to sell it out from under me anymore LOL. She thinks I will fall down and hurt myself.
I need to get a helmet before I ride it. My old helmet is long gone... or is it?? AKA: packrat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may find this useful:

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/5...n/18505-basic-checklist-new-you-old-bike.html

On the toolbar above this dialogue box, third from right, is a picture frame (honest, that's what they say it is). Hover arrow over it and it well say "insert image". Click on that and you can post pictures.

Welcome to the group.
WOW!! Exactly what I was looking for, I remember everything was good last time I rode her but the tires are cracking so I will need to replace those. Hoses, battery, carburetors rebuilt, flush out fuel system and change oil. Thanks for the great information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Holy Expansion Chamber!! Your awesome, I like your handle "ancientdad" that is me all over and "senior member" is me too but not for the same reasons I'm sure.
Going to try to put the picture of my bike here. Thanks to your information I confirmed it is 68-69 from the number on the head tube. Oh, being "completely clear" is much appreciated!!

View attachment 283618 Head tube numbersLR.jpg

WOW Look at that, I can follow directions. But the pictures are not thumbnails like your post. what did I do wrong? OK, maybe I need to be patient. It updated just now with thumbnails.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!! :)

PS: The drag racing looks like something I would love to do (about 40 years ago, you are a BRAVE man)
I also have owned a 72 Honda SL350K2 and a Hodaka ACE 100 when I was a kid. Both great bikes, wish I still had them.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
But the pictures are not thumbnails like your post. what did I do wrong?
thanks... the nickname is a product of my early days as both a father and on the internet - I was thinking about something unique for an email address about the time my 5 or 6 year old daughter came to the realization that I was older than most of her friends' parents and she jokingly called me a dinosaur... after we both laughed about it, the terms ancient and dad came together and I've used it ever since.

I learned long ago on this forum that (when done from a computer, at least) you have to leave the post and come back to it to view the pictures you just posted, which I take it you've also discovered by the rest of your reaction. Just one of the many little things that a decent troubleshooter can learn about the forum when all the rules in the unpublished book of internet forum usage have to be figured out as you go...

Drag racing is no more dangerous than going as fast as your bike can take you on an empty road on the local streets... I was hooked by a visit to Don Garlits' shop in Tampa when I was 8 or 9 years old with my father, and my first time on a track was with my stock CL450K4 in high school in late '71 at age 17. It only went 15.20 in the quarter mile but it was quite exhilarating, and I've done it as often as possible ever since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts