Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally found a z50 at a price I could afford. It's a running, driving yellow k1 that needs a little carb tuning. I saw it Wednesday sitting alongside the road in front of someone's house with a "for sale" sign. I figured it must be priced high to be sitting on this busy road with no takers but stopped back by today and the sign said $250 firm. The guy wasnt home at the moment so I was asked to come back at 5pm. I got back around 5:45, looked it over, asked if it ran and he started it up, asked him to drive it so he drove it around the yard. I offered $200 and he went to ask his wife, came back and asked to meet halfway at $225. I said without the headlight, side cover, heat sheild, leaking tank, and hole in the tail light $200 was the best I could do. He said okay so the deal was done, I paid him and took it home.

The leaking gas tank turned out to simply be that the fuel line was a little too big and without clamps was letting fuel drip out the top. I put the correct size hose on and that problem was solved. Me and my two boys drove it all over the yard and had a blast. At wide open throttle it dies so it needs a little carb cleaning/tuning but I'm ecstatic about the deal and the boys love it.

I have a couple images but can't get them off the camera right now so the pics are coming soon.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Welcome to the site from the other side of the pond.
Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the $200 running/driving k1 z50:

If I find another one will they count as a twin? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts