Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ! I wanted to introduce myself and thank the Admins for the site. I just sold my '85 Kawasaki Vulcan due to repeated stator issues and bought a '81 CM400T. I have read the new member rules but cannot figure out how to edit my signature. I love my new bike, and am happy to find a new community to talk with other fellow Honda Twin owners. My new bike is in awesome condition, I bought it from a man who bought it brand new in 1982 and only sold it because his health permitted him from riding it anymore. It has always been garaged and has 17,xxx one-owner miles. I replaced the chain and sprockets, did a tune-up, and she is running perfectly. I am very active in the forums I join, and although I am a newbie to a Honda Twin, I have vast riding and mechanical background with all types of bikes. I enjoy nothing more than helping others in need and want to say I am very happy to join the community. That being said, can someone tell a old man how to figure out how to edit his signature ? :)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - you'll be able to edit your signature after your tenth post, done to keep spamming down. Plenty of 400 series people here to chat with. Pictures? You know what they say - and we say it as much as any - no pictures, didn't happen!

·
Banned
854 Posts
I spent an hr trying to figure out how to edit signatures. Wish l had known, would have saved a bunch of time and aggravation.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I suppose to add that info to the rules would just give the spammers something else to try to circumvent (or just another thing no one would read before their first post, as seems to be common lately). In the last year we've had many join here just to post spam in their signature line, so something had to be done

·
Banned
854 Posts
I understand but it was quite frustrating. I even sent pm to and never got a response.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I understand but it was quite frustrating. I even sent pm to and never got a response.
you sent a PM to... who? Admins here reply, so that's hard to understand. If that's the only frustration you ever experience here, you'll be glad you're not on some of the other forums out there, believe me

·
Banned
854 Posts
I will check when l get to my computer. It was to whoever wrote the sticky about forum settings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
omg

omg, if you have nothing better to do than spam or troll forums I guess your lameness is punishment enough ;) I get the rules, np, just glad I asked, almost didn't because I thought it was just my stupidity :D Will post more pics soon, just got the bike, have been working on it and I won't detail it till my complete check is done. One thing I found I can't fix is the dimmer switch does not function. I have looked everywhere for a replacement, no luck, and I am not willing to pay out the A for a used one on Ebay that I don't even know if it works. Luckily my bike passed inspection because the inspector forgot to ask me to dim my lights :cool: If it doesn't pass next year I will just temporarily rig a toggle switch directly to the spade terminals on the headlight and just remove it after inspection. I don't ride at night, and even if I do I don't need a dimmer, it is stuck on high beam and I adjusted it to point more right and down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts