Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you see anything interesting e mail me at [email protected] can take better pics or give dimensions but please don't ask me what models there off.I bought all these from the daughter of a chap who died in 1995 who was honda mad.All proceeds will go to MENCAP but I'm in the UK so please allow postage costs before you offer anything for any item.Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
There's part of a CB500T there, and possibly parts from a CB500/CB550/CB750 as well. If you were closer I'd take one of those fancy finned valve covers from you.

Good luck with your sales!

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyones absolutley certain what model anything in pics fits please let me know model.I will then be able to put it on ebay.So far I've raised £25.00 for MENCAP. Regards Chris.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The box of valve covers in the top left of your picture look like CB500T. 1975-1976?? They would fit a CL450/CB450 as well.

The engine cases by the tire in the picture looks like a CB450/CB500T.

The forks with the lowers still on them look like CB450? I'm no expert there though. :lol:

The fork lowers by the Honda emblem look to be CB500/CB550/CB750 four cylinder parts?

The coils and wires look pretty much universal for any twin cylinder bike.

The carbs/brake levers/kickstands are a total mystery to me!

At the bottom of the picture is a small guage of some type. You should put up a better picture of it.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Lets start at 11:30 position against wall...The gauges/tree appear to be 450, and can be verified if the holes and sizes are the same as the 500T top tree directly in front of it. the next tree (crown) is a 350 or 175 and matches the red painted lower tree (33mm=350, 31mm=175)...Th drum brake hub directly to the right of the third top tree is a 450 or 305 depending on width....the 2:30 and 5:00 airboxes are 175 Hondas, CB or CL...the black horn at 6:30ish (chrome center ) is also 175
The serial on the engine cases will tell what they are,and the 500T rocker covers have already been mentioned.... Hope this helps... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to let you know progress so far there was a gear lever and kickstart in pic CB125K3 those items are now gone with the other small stuff thats what made the first £25.00 for mencap.Thanks to those who are helping Carbs may be for that model? Regards Chris

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Chris...It is possible that the triple tree parts I identified as 175 are the same as 125 parts (the 125 twins weren't that common here) I know the 175 took 20mm carbs most commonly, but have no clue about the 125's.... Another problem with us identifying parts is the General export, Euro, and US models all had some minor differences, so we may unintentionally mislead you a bit... IF you ebay them, just put a question mark after the heading ( CB125 K3?)....Astute buyers will ask the correct questions to sort it out, and are more likely to up-bid the parts they need..... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Steve,
Good Idea.I'll leave them on site here until after Christmas just in case any Honda Twins site lads want any.I use flea bay a lot and good prices are made.However my main concern is to put the bits back with the bikes where they belong.Whoever sees what they want can decide on the price they give.MENCAP is a good charity but the bikers still come first.Regards & thanks.Chris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts