Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am inspired by this guy: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=2717.0
I am looking for worse for wear fuel tank that will be cut in half for a cafe racer rear cowl. I've looked on eBay and they are asking for over $100 for something that I wanna destroy.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
MK... I have LOTS of old fuel tanks!... find a pic of one with the shape you desire and let me know what it is....... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
66Sprint said:
MK... I have LOTS of old fuel tanks!... find a pic of one with the shape you desire and let me know what it is....... Steve
Ok so one shape that I like is the CB360 and CB350 mainly based on the how-to link I posted earlier. I found out that the tank model selected is moreso based on the shape you want the cowl to look rather than the fitment to the seat pan. Any available tank of that nature would be great.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Here is a pic of a CB175 tank...It's the closest I've got to a 350 shape that I can part with right now......

If this will do, please re-send shipping info, I inadvertantly deleted it after last shipment.
If you are in a hurry to get it, phone 540-427-4256 around 8 tonight, otherwise, Just PM me.... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve! No rush on this btw, I also want to see if GB comes up with anything with that CB350 he is looking at.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
No luck today. I did find out where it went though. I'll have to talk to the guy pretty soon, but I would'nt hold off on buying a decent tank for a good price if I were you. These guys may have hauled them to the scrapyard :eek: . A slightly lower tail section may look pretty good actually...?

My buddy Dan did have a newly aquired 1971 CL350 scrambler though. I told him I'd take it if this other kid does'nt show up soon for it. It runs, is mostly all there, AND has a clean title. :D

I'll know more soon, I hope..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No rush on this one Steve, no work will be done until I get that seat pan (which is actually a CB360 seat, just missing a few square inches of seat cover! :cool: ). The shape of the back half is pretty much spot on with what I am aiming for. I think with a little sanding, JB, and paint it will look ship shape. Also if it doesn't exactly fit, looks like it can be manipulated easily with the bottom cut off.

GB, good luck with your quest. Yeah I did not know how important titles were till I was reading about them on the forum. Kinda scary that someone can take your bike away after all the work you put into it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts