Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all, New to the forum, living in Maine. Hoping to learn some about the older Honda twins. Previous bike, many years ago, was a GL1100. Heavy, shaft drive, water cooled. At my advanced age thinking more about something lighter and a motorcycle instead of a two wheeled car. :)

· Registered
1,976 Posts
I am sure you will get a lot of advice so I will throw in my 2 cents worth. I would suggest the CB or Cm 400 or 450s. The hondamatics. They are smooth , easy to ride , easy to maintain. They will cruise all day at 70 with 2 up and give you about 50 miles to the gallon. Cost about 1500 and up depending on condition .Parts are sometimes a problem but you will have that with any vintage Honda. The electronics are a little difficult with the built in safety features but there are people on this site that can help you with them. Weigh about 480 lbs wet. Just my thoughts.

Bill H

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure you will get a lot of advice so I will throw in my 2 cents worth. I would suggest the CB or Cm 400 or 450s. The hondamatics. They are smooth , easy to ride , easy to maintain. They will cruise all day at 70 with 2 up and give you about 50 miles to the gallon. Cost about 1500 and up depending on condition .Parts are sometimes a problem but you will have that with any vintage Honda. The electronics are a little difficult with the built in safety features but there are people on this site that can help you with them. Weigh about 480 lbs wet. Just my thoughts.

Bill H
Thanks for the welcome and recommendation Bill ..

· Registered
1,711 Posts
Cb500t canibal.....someone called it a turd due to the brown colour.

I have a dissatisfied customer report on one of those, but not all owners are the same. Some actually change the oil and clean the filter etc..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts