Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok on my project 70 cl450 i got the chain back on, polished up the clutch rod, cleaned the case, regreased all, installed new clutch lever and a new ball bearing. put the shifter back on---so now i can put in gear. put it into gear and tried out the clutch. i feel the resistance and the "break over" as if the clutch is working but i still can not move the wheel. so i tried rocking it in gear with clutch pulled in and nothing. i am wondering if this is something i should tear into or do you think the plates are stuck and let the new oil sit and work on them for and while and free up? or start bike and put in gear and work clutch while on center stand? (i know not the safest but we all have done it)

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Eric,
Disassembly and cleaning the plates is the correct thing to do...Plus, you can check the oil pump, and clean the filter while you are in there......Your choice....
Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEA! thank for the kick in the butt. i know the right thing to do i was just trying to be lazy! thanks of the advice sometimes we need it! :D

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
It was meant to be a gentle nudge...I hate kicking anyone while they are down.... LOL....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i took it apart today and of course the gasket broke (doh) and you guessed it, clutch plates were stuck together, tore apart cleaned and now back in business. side note oil drian plug pliers have been used on it! Dang nabit. oh well new gasket get ordered friday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.