Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my cases blasted yesterday and the metal tray that looks like an oil splash gaurd needs to come out so I can clean all of the soda. It looks like other than the 2 screws it's held in place by 4 case extensions that are buldged. I know I could grind those and get the gaurd off but when I put it back together I'm worried about vibration noise. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
owdskl said:
I had my cases blasted yesterday and the metal tray that looks like an oil splash gaurd needs to come out so I can clean all of the soda. It looks like other than the 2 screws it's held in place by 4 case extensions that are buldged. I know I could grind those and get the gaurd off but when I put it back together I'm worried about vibration noise. Any ideas?
I would resist the urge to remove that guard. When I did mine, I just used a lot of soapy water after spraying some brake cleaner in there.

If you did decide to grind them off, You could probably just tap and screw them in place.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I have known guys who ground off the welds and removed that thing.
Never did it myself - I'm more inclined to tell you to haul it down to your local high-pressure car wash and spend some quality time. that will get it cleaned out. The soda is sticking because it wasn't clean under there when you blasted......

·
Registered
45 Posts
I removed the guard in my CB250 K2, but I had a machine shop do the drilling and tapping. You could probably do it yourself if you have the right equipment.

There was a lot of ugly stuff underneath. Much easier to clean now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts