Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked the manual and it says you can test the oil pump on 305 by placing it a pan of oil and spinning the top gear. Doing this I get nothing, a few small bubbles initially, then zilch. It has been awhile since I fooled with one of these marvels of simplicity. The pump is good and free, am I doing something wrong, too much oil level, not spinning fast enough, or has the pump gone to a better place. A search didn't really provide much help, just a number of real talented guys who modified this piece to work much better by machining new parts.........

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It pumps, or least produces some movement and from what I can gather that is about top performance. That is the good news, the bad, there is a crack in the threaded drain plug body. I wondered why the bottom of the motor was so oil soaked. The pump had a square headed drain plug installed that does tap in fairly securely, at standard 12mm will not seat. I have installed JB Weld on on the fracture with a clamp and think it could be used in a pinch with silicone sealant with plenty of dry time, but I have ordered a guaranteed tested used replacement off of Flea Bay just to be sure. Worst come to worst I could probably make a good one out of the two. Two steps forward, five steps back....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts