Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have decided to replace seal at the kickstarter shaft. After right cover removal I have decided to clean also oil pump filter screen.
How to remove this filter ? Should I take off oil pump?

All helpful informations will be appreciated.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Gosh its been years and years and years for this model and memory at rusty.

See cmsnl for the exploded views.

I'm sure I have a manual at home, but since the oil pump filter has feet, then better to remove the pump. The clutch has to come off from memory but that has a circlip, so no real problem.

You have new clutch cover gasket ?

Will check for manual when off shift.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gosh its been years and years and years for this model and memory at rusty.
See cmsnl for the exploded views.
I'm sure I have a manual at home, but since the oil pump filter has feet, then better to remove the pump. The clutch has to come off from memory but that has a circlip, so no real problem.

You have new clutch cover gasket ?

Will check for manual when off shift.
Thanks drydreamer.
CMSNL has pictures from part list. Oil pump is on separate drawing.

FSM is also not clear, as at maintenance they are pointig to clean centrifugal filter (with removed round cover) and screen filter (with right cover removal).
Complete gasket set will arrive on Wednesday. Until then I would like to be ready for reinstallation.

·
Registered
729 Posts
data

didn't get chance to check for manual, but back on Monday. Be very careful about removing those centrifugal filter cover screws, do not use an impact as you will break the cover and the "filter tub" that the screws screw into.

If you have to use violence to remove those screws, use a small hammer and small sharp centre punch at an angle, or drill the counter sunk from memory heads off and deal with the screw stubs one by one. If careful they usualy come out ok with the centre punch technique ( there is even a handy small dot or hole to help, but its not there for that reason ) , the idea being to form a crater which will create side torque and the screw will slacken. be gentle and use a small hammer.

I just cannot remember if the oil pump course filter is all black rubber type material, which may be rock hard these days and break easily.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Finally had time to check, seems o/p base filter is a black rubber body type so may be rock hard. Just be careful.

Much crap in the centrifugal filter and you got the 4 countersunk screws out all ok ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,

after close inspection I have decided to leave pump as it seats. Screen filter looks clean.

Centrifugal filter was covered only at paperthick layer of some dust.

I have replaced screws in this filter for allen heads, as one of philips/pozidrive screws has been damaged already. See the picture.

20180315_202751.jpg

20180317_112210.jpg

Now I'm waiting for gasket, tyres and I will make full preseason inspection (fork oil, engine oil, sparks, tappet, ignition and so on).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts