Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my spanner tool after waiting for 2 and a half weeks.... So I am trying to take it off and that sucker is on there seriously tight. Before I go cranking to much I just need to make sure they aren't reversed threads and also the manuals say to retorque but don't really give a value. Is it 35 ft lbs? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
owdskl said:
I finally got my spanner tool after waiting for 2 and a half weeks.... So I am trying to take it off and that sucker is on there seriously tight. Before I go cranking to much I just need to make sure they aren't reversed threads and also the manuals say to retorque but don't really give a value. Is it 35 ft lbs? Thanks.
They are normal threads.
Be sure you've cleared the bent tabs on the washer (under the nut) out of the notches in the nut, or you'll never get it off..... that's #11 in the fiche.
Part #13 (washer) is marked as to which side faces out.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double checked that. No tabs.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
owdskl said:
Double checked that. No tabs.
No tabs at all?? Or no tabs engaged??

If the tabs are clear, the special tool will snap on to a regular ol' hammer-slammin' impact wrench, you might need a short extension.
Try that.......

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got it off. The tabs were there and disengaged. It just took a little persuading. What's the torque going back on?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts