Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a SL350 engine on my random parts bike. I built the whole thing from the ground up last summer and was just starting to get it running a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the pin that holds the kickstarter stuff on the spindel inside the engine fell off. This resulted in a ratcheting noise permanently whizzing around when the bike was running. So I took the whole thing apart (found out that the pin had just fallen off), and started putting it all back together.

I only split the crankcase during the procedure, no head or cylinder work. I have the case back together and am trying to get the clutch and oil filter back together. I have the oil filter off, and the clutch in. The single gear for the oil filter is matched up to the inside gear of the clutch and now I need to get the second gear in. The only problem is that the teeth seem to have magically misaligned themselves and now they won't line up. I have rotated the engine and gears, tried flipping the second gear around, and tried swapping the gears places. No combination seems to work. I tried thinking about how not taking the cylinders and cam chain off could affect it, but don't understand how that could be messing with it. It simply seems that the inside and outside teeth on the oil filter gear shifted around a few degrees.

Does anyone have experience with this happening to them? I've gotten it to work before, and neither the book nor online has anything on it that I can find.

honda-cb350-super-sport-350-k2-usa-clutch_bighu0028e4008_5795.gif
It's gears 1 and 3 in this picture. Not even sure why there are two of them, except that it makes it so that you have to take the oil filter off to get the clutch off.

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
They only go one one way...collars facing eachother
install inner crank gear
then install clutch
then install outer crank gear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts