Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, hopefully someone here can help me out. I need to find out the thread size / pitch for the crankshaft end where the oil filter threads on. The filter crossthreaded the crank when I was removing the filter. I'm hoping to be able to just run a die over it or have a machine shop fix it instead of having to replace the crank. Thank you in advance for any & all assistance

·
Registered
363 Posts
its not excessively large, maybe the same size as the flywheel puller? anyone who has the oil filter cup nut loose and a flywheel puller handy could check..

you may be able to match up the thread from your oil filter nut at a decent hardware store, just use the outside few threads so as not to misinterpret damage caused by the incident..

As for the crank, I have had fair luck dressing threads with a die, but it works much better if you clean up some of the damage with a needle file first, makes it less likely for the die to thread on cockeyed and complete the damage. (you may be able to clean it up well enough with the file so the die is not required) just look at a section of unmolested thread and dress the buggered section to match it, it doesn't have to be perfect, but with a little oil and patience the nut may thread right on .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts