Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CB175 K6 Candy Gold
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My turn signal light in the tachometer stopped working yesterday, so I went hunting for the cause. It’s not the bulb and contacting the bulb housing to ground gets it working again.

So I remove the headlight chasing down a bad ground or loose wire. As soon as I angle the headlight to gain access who knows how many bullet connectors come loose.
So now I have a bigger problem! Why couldn’t I just leave it be!?!?
Unhelpfully it doesn’t looks as if all colours match like for like. One colour runs in and another colour runs out of some connections.
Wish me luck…

Light Automotive lighting Gas Engineering Auto part

·
Registered
Honda CB175 K6 Candy Gold
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed to get it sorted I think. Turns out that some of the indicator wiring had been replaced with black for live and the earth. So I have working lights at least.
Need to see if I still have a bad earth or whether I’ve just run the battery low trying to test the lights.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Managed to get it sorted I think. Turns out that some of the indicator wiring had been replaced with black for live and the earth. So I have working lights at least.
Need to see if I still have a bad earth or whether I’ve just run the battery low trying to test the lights.
This is where a wiring diagram may be helpful. The handlebar switches run into the headlight, so pick one that’s unhooked, find it on the wiring diagram and where it goes into the harness, And through trial and error you can hook it up right again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts