Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - CB250G5, UK model - fitted with these handlebar mirrors. Question for the knowledgeable - are they the OEM ones, or Honda ones from another model, or just pattern ones? Tried looking for a definitive image of a '75 bike to check it out but not having much luck. Thanks

IMG_1942.JPG

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow - yeah, I see what you mean - looks almost identical.
I'm going to the Stafford Show next week, hopefully there'll be another example on display.
Failing that, there's always David Silver Spares to ask.
OK thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
A left-hand mirror just like that came on my '69 CL350 from the dealer when new. I couldn't say if it was a "Honda" mirror or not, though. I remember buying a right-hand one a little later at the dealership, and it matched the left-hand one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know its a long time ago now, but I do recall the 'flat' front profile of the CB250 when compared with other 250s. They all had effectively slightly raised bars and high mirrors. Here's my GT250M by way of example of the sit up and beg stance.

gt250m 003a.JPG

The CB by comparison looks rather 'droopy'. I'm def beginning to think that these style of mirrors I'm asking about are either OEM, or close copies - that CSMNL image really has put the cat amongst the mirror pigeons.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I've got it sussed now - those mirrors are OEM. I found a couple of contemporary images showing the same ones fitted, including on the front cover of the Haynes manual and also in Classic Motorcycle Mechanics (Aug2019) fitted to a CB250T.

So, not the prettiest, but for the sake of originality, they'll be staying on the bike.

IMG_1963.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts