Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all!

I'm Jon and I'm looking at purchasing an '81 CM400 (unknown type) from an acquaintance, and thought it would be wise to do some research on the bike before I got a look at it so I know what to look for. I'm fairly new to Honda, but I am at least familiar with them overall, having worked in the motorcycle industry for the last few years. When I get pictures of the bike, I'll post them up if I have questions.
While I'm here I plan to read, use the search feature frequently, and ask questions if I can't find a post or thread about my question.

I look forward to talking with you all!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Good reliable bikes, not hard to work on, most parts aren't hard to find (don't lose the right side/battery cover).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good reliable bikes, not hard to work on, most parts aren't hard to find (don't lose the right side/battery cover).
Judging by how I’ve only seen one or two of them online, I take it they are easy to lose. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. It looks to be in great shape.

Reactions: chaindrivecharlie

·
Registered
500 Posts
I agree with J-T. Very reliable and I rebuilt mine from the ground up with no prior experience, but with this forum amazing knowledge and friendly people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m looking forward to interacting with you all more often with this bike! I should have it in my possession by the end of the month!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, due to life circumstances, I have had to pass on buying the 400. I’m kind of bummed about it, but I have to do what’s right by my family.
Buying a house and buying a motorcycle are not compatible with my current level of pay.
I’ll have to save more money and try again later. :(

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Well, due to life circumstances, I have had to pass on buying the 400. I’m kind of bummed about it, but I have to do what’s right by my family.
Buying a house and buying a motorcycle are not compatible with my current level of pay.
I’ll have to save more money and try again later. :(
Gotta do what ya gotta do... and it will be great to get going again once you have a garage to do it in :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts