·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hope you van help me.

I'm rebuilding a CB350K3 engine.

I have 3 questions:

1) In my complete gasket / seal set were these two rubber tubes / seals. They are around 14mm in diameter and 8mm tall. My manual appears to make no reference to them - can you tell me what they are / where they go (I don't recall them on strip down):

DSCF0738.jpg

2) I've seen reference to these O Rings https://www.cmsnl.com/products/o-ring49x25_91301426010/#.W1XpwtJKjIU
Though none were included in my gasket etc set. My manual briefly mentions O rings, though it's not clear. (I've replaced the large O rings at the base of the cylinder liners). Please can you tell me where they go?

3) Valve seals - on strip down my head had no valve seals, though my gasket kit included. I've fitted them on re-assembly of the head - just looking for some comfort that they should be there.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Jonathan

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I can't speak to the ones in question 2, but if you know someone who has a DOHC 450 they could use the O-rings in question 1. And as far as I know, the 350 twin doesn't use valve seals.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the answers on 1 and 3. Does anyone have any guidance for Q2 - I'm nearly ready to torque things down, but don't want to mess up?
Many thanks
Jonathan

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perry - Thanks. You are a star.

I can now safely start putting things together / torquing down without that worry I'd missed something.

Cheers

Jonathan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom

"Complete" was a lie...I found that out just after I'd chucked the old oil pump gasket........it's not in my kit. Fortunately David Silver came to the rescue.

I nearly have everything I need. (this is not true...I know I still need to buy loads, but the engine can all go together, and go back in the frame).

Thanks again

Jonathan

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yeah, back when you could still get gasket sets from Honda - top end and bottom end separately - they were complete. Since all of that is out of production, aftermarket companies are putting stuff together from memory, I guess... reminds me of non-factory manuals. I usually buy a couple of top end sets for my 450, Vesrah and NE, and you get a little different stuff with each along with the common gaskets. Then you have duplicates for when you're like me and tear it down twice in less than 2 years... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts