Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, been lurking for a while but first time posting. I haven't had any questions yet to ask about the process but I am getting deeper in and will probably soon- also I am not experienced enough to answer much else out there but I am learning a lot. I was in the process of parts washing and I came across this little rubber piece. I don't recall removing it, so it was likely part of some other assembly and I didn't notice it came out. I would have removed it if I noticed it, all of the rubber parts are being replaced. Plus, I am totally paranoid about organization and this would have been in a labelled baggie.

This is from a 1980 CM400E, and it is something in or on the engine area. I have the case split and everything out and apart for cleaning and then rebuilding, so I know it is in that region. It is not from the carbs, those are separate and haven't been touched yet.
Also, it is in pretty good shape- like it has spent its life covered in oil rather than drying up somewhere exposed. The nub is a little smushed.

It is about 1/2" in diameter and ~1/8" thick with another 1/16" for the little nub wi. I cant find anything like it in the fiche, but I may be overlooking it since it could look like any random nut or washer.
The hole does not go all the way through, it is flat/closed on the rounded side.

Any help is appreciated!

View attachment 250249
IMG_20180514_190137.jpg
IMG_20180514_190148.jpg
IMG_20180514_190127.jpg
IMG_20180514_190121.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm not positive but I think that goes on the plate, oil guide (p/n 50750-413-000). Look on the microfiche under the swing arm/ chain

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's it!
Thank you so much, I was starting to pull my hair out thinking it was something important inside the crankcase.

It is the 'chain case plug' (40514-333-000). No wonder I didn't notice it, that was probably the filthiest part I have cleaned so far. The chain plate had caked on grime that was probably taller than the plug itself and it popped out when I was scrubbing. The part was in such good shape because it was preserved under a thick layer of sludge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts