Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 74' CB360 runs perfectly if I let it sit with the petcock on and take the lines off the filters to kind of encourage fuel flow. It'll ride for five minutes, but after that, one cylinder cuts out. The filter is empty for said cylinder, but when I pull the line off, fuel flows nicely out of the filter. It seems like there is some kind of vacuum being created somewhere causing fuel not to flow until I pull the line off the filter. Does anyone know where the problem is? Does the tank cap seal have to do with this because mine is pretty crusty.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I was going to guess tank cap, but if the seal is crusty it probably doesn't seal completely. but there should also be a vent in the cap, so check that. One thing to try to rule it out is just pop it open while the bike is running and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
It is normal for fuel filters to be (or at least appear) empty. If you have transparent fuel lines they will also appear to be empty. They are full of fuel vapor but liquid fuel is still flowing along the surface. You need to determine whether the carb bowls are full and fuel is flowing to them.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Had the same issue with dual carbs on my old Tr**mph... discovered my float needle was sticking closed on that side of the motor. .. and yes the fuel filter "looked" empty, but it was trapped vapor..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solved!
The fuel filters I had were causing the problem, but I'm not sure why. I just removed them and ran the line straight into the carb and the bike had no problems. I still want to run filters because the tank was only recently de-rusted so I'll try to figure out why they were causing the problem. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Just curious, were you using the filters with the element that looks like stone or the ones with what looks like pleated paper?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I've been running these for a couple of years on my 450K6 and 500T without any problems. Got them from local auto parts store in lawn mower section.

20151008_121813.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts