Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But still a honda twin none the less. So here's where i'm at now and here's where it started.

I'll provide details after a bit. For right now i wanted to throw some much needed honda love up.

and now

Need some new pirelli's, new mirrors, and some side covers.

And last but certainly not least, shorten the damn cables with new custom chrome ones.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WHOA!

I see rust under my fender in the last pic. I'll have to do something about that this weekend. I want my baby as bling as possible.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Wow, looking really good! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to some descriptions.

:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks kirk. Its been a pretty dependable bike.

I think my carbs are still jacked up somehow. It has a weird bog that it shouldn't but the plugs are maybe a little rich but aside from that it always runs within the first second of starting and after a minute or two runs ok. Cracking the throttle still bogs it after its warm.

I've boiled, soaked, CLR'd, and shot air down all the passages. For whatever reason nothing has ever helped it. Personally i think there's something in one of the holes that has either gotten stuck or something else carb wise is messed up. Initially it didn't do this until i split the carbs.

But to be honest i'm not messing with it anymore for a while. It runs just fine the way it is so i'm ok with that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Sounds like an air leak...

GB :mrgreen:
Believe it or not i've checked for that. Squirted some carb cleaner around all the joints and nothing happened.

However after dipping the carbs for an hour a piece, and cleaning all the jets, there is a secondary pilot on one of the carbs i haven't gotten out. I dont' have any good ease outs and i didn't mess with it. So in all honesty thats probably my problem. But f' it, it runs perfect for the most part and i'll just worry about it later.

So today's issue. Got the plates and i decided to go get gas. I'm still not ready to go dorking about but it doesn't have very much gas and its annoying to bring back the red can of gas to fill it up for a while. On my way t the gas station my front brake decided to seize up in the middle of the street with construction and trucks wizzing by me at 30 mph.

I quickly grabbed some pliers under the side cover area and released the brake pressure on the bleeder. I was then able to get the extra 6 feet to the gas station where i found out i smoked the hell out of my clutch. So needless to say i believe my brake hose collapsed, as everything was fine on the way home. I've rebuilt the caliper like a month ago and its been fine since. My brake hose for a while was clogged and wouldn't work. Hard enough with full pressure from the master cylinder i couldn't get anything out. Then at one point something shot out and i just assumed it was dirt or something. I'm thinking that might have been a piece of the inner hose or something.

Anyway thought that little story would be funny.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So yea, after letting it sit and cool down for a day....

I went and fired it up, rode it down the street and yea.......my clutch is fried. It still pulls but as soon as you give her the beans there's nothing but slippage. Looks like i just costed myself 60 bucks for springs/clutch discs.

But i'm sure a 30+ year old bike could use new discs.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Make sure the clutch is adjusted properly first - maybe that's the problem.
It's not like those bikes have such brutal torque and power that they regularly burn out clutches.......

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Saki....I think I have a used set you can have for shipping cost......if you're interested

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks great!! I couldn't help but notice the Widow Maker in the first pic. I'm working on a '74 H1. Can't wait to get that thing rippin' down Broadway in my hometown :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeremylitts said:
Looks great!! I couldn't help but notice the Widow Maker in the first pic. I'm working on a '74 H1. Can't wait to get that thing rippin' down Broadway in my hometown :D
I'm actually going to try to make my own pipes for it. Being a 250 nobody really spent the time to make anything for it cause lets face it, who the hell spends that much money on a 250. If your going to spend 800 dollars on expansion chambers you might as well put that towards a 500 or a 750. So i'm going to try some different ways of rolling steel and if i can get a good method i plan to make a set for my bike and try them.

With any luck i'll be able to sell a few prototypes for a somewhat decent price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts