Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be purchasing a 73 RD350!!! Ive read alot about the bikes but does anyone have any experience with 'em? Inputs please, gonna go look and possibly purchase. Bike looks clean from pics and low miles too.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Two stroke rocket ship..... Very fast for it's displacement...... Ride carefully until completely familiar with its idiosyncracies.....

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Very fast - we used to hide from them on our 450's......
Great handling, but real "peaky" engines, like most 2-strokes of the era - little or no power till they come "on the pipe", then it kicks in with vengeance.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
My RD400D is gonna be my end I recon, be it accidental or financial (on account of all the speed cameras popping up). I'm a mellow rider, but I've had the front wheel up a few times forgetting which bike I was on when the lights turn green :shock:

Get use to hippys and Gore diciples wagging their finger :twisted:

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
leethal said:
Get use to hippys and Gore diciples wagging their finger :twisted:
maybe if you roughed it up a little, some black paint, axe or sword blades sticking out, (the Mad Max look) they'd leave you alone :lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
yes! leethal strikes me as a "smokin' coconut" type of guy

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Is that **** for real? Cant be good for the engine...I wanna see them make other scents like "beer fart" & "Whale Burger"....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It works! It never hurt any RC engine as far as I know. They spin at over 20,000rpm's too (mine spun up to 23,000), so I'd imagine it wouldn't hurt any old jap bike... Hell, Honda's will run on cooking oil.. 3:00 mark -
:lol:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems like this thread has taken a turn for the worse :lol: One more day on the bike and we'll see what happens.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
DO NOT put RC/Model airplane fuel in your Honda! ... It will "lunch" the engine...4oz in a tank-full was too much..... DON'T ASK how I know..... (A 14 year old on a "nitro" Honda S 90 should tell you all you need)........ :oops:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
:lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Of course, it's 10%-30% nitro-methane in most instances...

On the other hand, it WILL make a 350 Chevy run like it NEVER has before!! :shock: :lol: I once put over 2 gallons into around 5 gallons of regular LEADED fuel. Way back when....

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts