Honda Twins banner

NORTON ! When Did This Happen ?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  tbpmusic 
#1 ·
Looks like a Honda Rebel engine. Yuck !
Too bad they don't have the engine from the now defunct Norton America.

Unfortunate they feel the need to make the bike as expensive as possible; what type of program management is that ?
Ohlins, Brembo Gold Lines, carbon fiber all over the place !!!

Love to have one but, not with that engine and at that price. Rather have a Bonnie.

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/

See less See more
#2 ·
it does look a little like someone tricked out a 250 night hawk. i am, however, not impressed. it looks like a struggle or last ditch effort, like they were trying to follow some norm to sell a bike. hmmmmm

#3 ·
looks like that set of cylinders and rocker box belongs behind a fairing! the lower part of the engine looks fine however..

#4 ·
I'm an "old school" look kind of guy.....I also tend to judge a bike by how well it performs for its' intended purpose, and how well its' styling reflects that purpose.........
.... It wouldn't upset me a bit to find THAT parked in my garage...... I kind-of like it!.................. ;) Steve

#8 ·
I'd bounce it off it's rev limiter any day of the week if it has one. :lol: A bike's a bike. The more performance oriented the better.. It'd probably handle like it was on rails and still sound as cool as a Norton. Good combo to me...

It does look like they stole the bodywork from Ducati. Tell me that doesn't look like a Ducati Monster or similar..

GB :mrgreen:

#10 ·
thrilhou said:
An article from "Motorcycle Classics" bout Stuart Garner's current efforts to bring back the Norton line.
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/motor ... turns.aspx
Sounds like the new owner is one who might really make a go of it. It's good to hear he has all of Dreer's protos. I also see on his web site he has a job opening for an experienced engine designer/Engineer. Now...if he'll take a long look at how Triumph was brought back to life he might just get somewhere.

Ditch the expensive carbon, brembo, and ohlin crap.
Hire as many folks that helped restart truimph as possible
hire good production Engineers, Sales staff, and mfg'er for the Dreer engine
and then produce something like this for $10k

#11 ·
RicH2 said:
Hire as many folks that helped restart truimph as possible
hire good production Engineers, Sales staff, and mfg'er for the Dreer engine
and then produce something like this for $10k
That's REAL nice.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.