Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all....I am loving all the info here on this page.. I am thinking about buying a Honda Cm 400 T from a guy i work with...I am not sure of the year yet..He purchased this bike many years ago and never even rode it... He is going to sell it to me fro $300....Do you think this is a deal???? I looked at earlier tonight and it is in pretty good shape for an older bike.. Is that price a good one for these bikes???

This will be my First purchase of a Bike.. So i a total noob on Bikes but I have built mustangs so I am mechanically inclined..

Please advise with all questions comments and concerns..

Thanks George

·
Registered
363 Posts
it all depends on the paperwork, does he have a title or just a bill of sale? w/o proper documents an old bike is basically relegated for parts. Ideally he has a title in his name, or a transferable registration if the state in question does not issue titles for vintage items.. second best choice is a title that has been signed by a previous owner, but not yet had the buyers information filled out (not common but handy for fudging the system)

so if it turns over, (bonus for runs) shifts clean and has a straight chassis, ie no major crash damage then it probably is a swell deal.. plan on a good tune up, new battery, chain, fork oil, engine oil and tires, clean the carbs and you will be riding it around prolly another 2-300 bucks invested to have a descent runner. its a pretty straight forward experience as long as you are fully prepared to do battle with the RMV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes he does have the title in his name....He had to do all the leg work fro the last owner he explained to me that he had a problem with reg. but got it straightend out... Thank good....I just got a battery so I can see if it will fire up today..He also told me his friend just recently got it running but said the carbs need some cleaning....

Are you pretty experienced with these bikes???? If so would it be ok to highjack you for some info from time to time???

·
Registered
363 Posts
yeah man, no prob, sounds like a pretty sweet deal for a documented almost runner. just pm me for info so I get the email notification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts