Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my resistor caps and can't seem to find non resistor replacements, anyone have a source for them?

·
Registered
247 Posts
mine had resistors and i replaced them with a piece of straight copper.

spark_plugdetails.jpg

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The newest ones don't come apart.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not just run Resistance caps and non resistance plugs
I would prefer the resistor to be in the plug plus there are way more choices in resistor plugs, for example there are no non resistor iridium plugs available.

Reactions: WintrSol

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The VB series fits our engines best, with the VB05F being the OEM type (5k resistor). The VB-F doesn't seem to be available in the US, but can be found elsewhere; shipping is the biggest part of the cost, of course.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It really is weird that the non-resistor caps are not easy to find since most plugs already have resistors built in.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just checked my caps and they cannot be disassembled.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I have been using VB05F with iridium plugs for a couple of years and have not noticed any drop in performance.

Reactions: Rscottp

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have been using VB05F with iridium plugs for a couple of years and have not noticed any drop in performance.
I did, too, until I found a source for the non-resistor type. It's hard to say if anything changed, though.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Read this discussion a while ago but didn't think too much about it after all I have been driving with iridium plugs and 5k ohm plug caps for some years and the bike seemed to be going well. Curiosity got the better of me and a few rainy days ago I pulled the end off my KLG plug caps and replaced the resistor with a brass rod.
Went for a 200 mile ride today and can say I get easier starting and it pulls better. Not an enormous change but noticeable.
Now I am a believer. No more resistance for me!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
My caps didn't appear to be able to be disassemble, I will check them again to make sure.

Take a closer look at your caps. Some of them un-srew from the plug end like the XD05F above while some can be taken out from the wire end.

See this pic where the plug end looks like there is a slot for a flat head screw driver?

s-l1600.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts