Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haie Guys ,

I have a question ; I have a CJ360T from 76 which didn't have a side stand. I bought a side stand and to my surprise there is no way
of attaching it. I have the suspicion that previous owners have tampered with the frame.

DSC02116.jpg

DSC02117.jpg

Can somebody confirm this (I am more of a engine guy) ? Would it be possible to adapt the frame for a side stand or is that to much of a hassle ?

R.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
I would say someone cut the mount off, it should be right there under the foot peg. If you can find one and get it welded back on it should be fine. There are also clamp on versions around if you look for them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I always thought that the CJ was sidestand only and did not have a main center stand, which was one of the mostly cosmetic differences between a CB (which was my first bike) and the CJ. Tank, tailpiece, 2-into-1 exhaust, side covers, drum front brake?
But it’s been a long time

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think European models were a little different (or I have a CJ360 engine in a CB360 frame). I have a front disc brake and rear drum. I do have the 2-into-1 exhaust.

CJ360T_01.jpg

CJ360T_02.jpg

R.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
If its a CB frame it will say on the headstock. As far as I have seen it on this forum, CJs have always had a drum front if they are in the US, however a little googling in the images section comes up with this

Its in the UK and has a side stand. Does have a disk front.

As far as clamp on sidestands, google again can be your friend. As you are not in the US were I would guess most of the sellers for such items are it may be best to do some searching. I get about 600k results when I google "clamp on motorcycle kickstand".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes , this looks very much like the bike I have (and I can see where the side stand is supposed to be).

I indeed googled for a clamp on side stand (should have done that in the first place) and found several vendors in the UK.

Belgium isn't exactly petrol-head country :(

R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts