Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 CL 350. I have gapped the points, checked the coils, timed the engine. I have electricity in both points. I tried to start the bike and it appears that the left point is not firing. If I put my screwdriver on it and move it around I see spark. Can't figure this one out. Your help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I have a 68 CL 350. I have gapped the points, checked the coils, timed the engine. I have electricity in both points. I tried to start the bike and it appears that the left point is not firing. If I put my screwdriver on it and move it around I see spark. Can't figure this one out. Your help would be appreciated.
A couple things come to mind initially: first, when you set everything did you put the points cover back on? If so, 350s are notorious for the cover sometimes grounding the left set of points on the inside of the metal cover. Second, if it's not that it could be the condenser for that cylinder. I guess it goes without saying that you should be sure of the plug on that cylinder as well

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Like stated above, try with the points cover off.
What condition are your plugs, plug caps and spark plug wire?
You sure it's wired up correctly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts