Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished rebuilding the top end on my girlfriends 72 cl450 and when the big moment came to fire it up... nothing. i tested for spark and was only getting some in the right cylinder, the left is dead. double triple quadruple checked all the wiring connections and they look fine. tested the ignition timing and my test light lights up so the circuits not broken at the breaker box. I'm guessing its the ignition coil? could it have died from just sitting? do i test resistance between the colored wire to the black black/white wire that goes to kill switch? from colored wire to spark plug cable? sorry i know there are a million youtube videos of this but I'm still not getting it. please help.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Phone....I'll guide you through it.......540-525-5199

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bike was able to start and run for a few seconds but I'm still not getting spark on that left side

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
-no-spark-s-what-she-said-photo.jpg
Align green line with green dot to gap left points, .012" to .016" is the acceptable range......
Once you get the left points gapped and both points timed correctly, make sure the red arrow connections can NOT short to the plate or the outer cover (might need to bend them in a bit) If you look at the plate under the blue wire connection, you can see arcing marks.....
Push the felt (blue arrow) so it just touches the cam and add a drop of oil to it......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts