Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘68 CB350. New harness. New rectifier. New condensers. New points. New relay. New ignition coils. New starter solenoid.
Was running great. Everything was working. Just out of the blue I no longer have any power anywhere. Main fuse is fine (replaced it with new ones while testing).

I did notice that my new battery seemed to be draining quickly. The electric starter would work after an over night trickle charge but after a day of riding would start to click as though there was not enough power getting to it. Would kick start it and be on my way. Lights and everything continued to work.
Yesterday everything just stopped working.

main glass fuse is fine. I hooked up another battery and still nothing. When I hook up the new battery, the inline fuse (15 amp) (ON THE NEW BATTERY) blows. I put in a fuse from new battery to positive on solenoid and neg to main starter wire. The main glass fuse on bike still is fine.

could it be a bad starter solenoid??

no idea what happened. I was adjusting the carbs and when I went to start her up no power anywhere!

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
‘68 CB350. New harness. New rectifier. New condensers. New points. New relay. New ignition coils. New starter solenoid.
Was running great. Everything was working. Just out of the blue I no longer have any power anywhere. Main fuse is fine (replaced it with new ones while testing).

I did notice that my new battery seemed to be draining quickly. The electric starter would work after an over night trickle charge but after a day of riding would start to click as though there was not enough power getting to it. Would kick start it and be on my way. Lights and everything continued to work.
Yesterday everything just stopped working.

main glass fuse is fine. I hooked up another battery and still nothing. When I hook up the new battery, the inline fuse (15 amp) (ON THE NEW BATTERY) blows. I put in a fuse from new battery to positive on solenoid and neg to main starter wire. The main glass fuse on bike still is fine.

could it be a bad starter solenoid??

no idea what happened. I was adjusting the carbs and when I went to start her up no power anywhere!
I assume you did check the KILL-SWITCH?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Get yourself a 12 volt test light, check the red wire where it plugs into the switch(power in) then check the black wire at the switch plug(switch on, power out).

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
115 Posts
I had this problem & the positive wire was intermittently shorting between the battery & the starter solenoid. Once repaired, no problems whatsoever! Is the battery getting hot? This is a telltale sign of this condition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well. I removed the battery. My light tester is showing nothing and the battery tender in blinking green so I am certain the batter is fried. Which sux cause it’s brand new (mottobatt) and only a few weeks old.
I hooked up an old 12v car battery (without the fuse) and have lights/power. So I assume it’s just a fried battery. Ordered another. There goes another $100…

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey.
Do you have original voltage regulator + redressor units ? (they don't ageeing well especially diods on the redressor device)
On my 350CB , i had some charging battery issu and finally, I've change them for '2 on 1' integrated device from "Charlie's place".
Now all works perfectly.

·
Registered
19 Posts

rem :
I'm not saler from this company !
I also buy them a electronic ignition system for my CB350 because i know ignition timing can de-tune easily with catastrophic issue like a hol in the piston !

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have you checked with a multimeter that your bike's wiring harness has an open circuit at the battery terminals when the battery is not connected, and the ignition key is in 'off' position?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts