Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to get my front blinkers working. one of the green wires to the headlight has been cut by the po and spliced into the orange with white stripe wire. from what I can see on the diagram it goes to the black connector for the turn signals. I ran an extra piece of wire into connector and speedo and tach lights came on. its a black wire on other side of the connector .one of the wires coming from the left blinker is black with a small piece of white jacket on it cant figure out where this hooks up. the right blinker has a two small pieces of jacket light blue and white found light blue with white stripe wire and hooked it up so pretty sure that's hooked up right. I got a solid orange female connector hooked to nothing its got power with a test light but other side of plug is not there. I have all other lights back blinkers work and front running lights come on just no blinker function. but when I switch left blinker on the speedo and tach lights turn off. also the po has this bike wired up where you have to take battery cable loose to kill power. probably didn't have a key so its hot wired somehow cant find where though. the ignition switch connector is intact except the black with white stripe wires have been cut and spliced together. the po said solenoid was bad so i bought a new one he had been crossing the solenoid out to start it. push the starter button and dash lights go out but no starter function. if anyone here has fixed similar problems help me out please 1103181913.jpg 1103181914.jpg 1103181915.jpg 1103181917.jpg 1103181917a.jpg

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I've always found it easiest to start with a stock unmodified harness in cases like this. Can save a lot of time and frustration.
However, it may be helpful to get the full picture in case you want to salvage what you have.

So starting from the battery, do you have the fuses?
Does your solenoid click when you push the starter button?
If not, test it by hooking it directly to the battery.
Then check if it flows power once it clicks.
Then check to make sure that power is going to the starter motor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got fuses solenoid does not click when I push start button just dims the lights .when i hook it to battery it does I just bought it about a week ago. any idea how its could be wired up so you have to take battery cables off to kill power. I don't have any ignition switch but plug is intact so its not hot wired that way through the ignition wires. any ideas? cant find it planning on hooking up a toggle switch to turn it on and off got to find how its hotwired first.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Do you have the wiring diagram?
If not then track one down and get cozy with the bike and test light

Edit: hook up the test light to the solenoid when you hit the starter button. Use it to follow the power.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Take a voltmeter and check to see that you have a full battery voltage to the yellow/red wire at the solenoid when you press the starter button.

You can use a horn button (or switch of any kind) to kill the engine by using the black/white wire coming from the CDI box . Just use the button to ground that black/white wire (that is the normal function of the ignition switch).

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Green is ground.
Black is battery power when the ignition switch is ON.
Orange is the left turn signal
Orange w/White is the left run light
Lt. Blue is the right turn signal
Lt. Blue w/White is the right run light.
Black w/White is the CDI ground circuit. It is connected to ground when the ignition switch is turned OFF.
The turn signal wires from the units are Black with color collars denoting which circuit they are for. IE: a Black with a Orange and a White collar would be connected to the Orange w/White harness wire.
The turn signal stalks where they are connected to the headlight shell are the ground circuit for the units. On your model there is a spade connector soldered into the shell that should have a green wire connected.
You will find an extra Brown wire that goes nowhere. That is for a headlight park lamp required in some Euro countries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts