Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, it’s gonna rain this weekend so I’m not gonna be able to paint
the engine. When I do install engine I am going to lay frame on it’s side.
Worked out good for removal. So I’m going to work in garage this weekend.
Here’s my questions. What order would you guys
put things on first. I’m thinking of turning frame over and installing center
stand, kickstand, swing arm maybe? and steering stem? I’ll accept all opinions
and advice with open arms!! Thanks

Just trying to keep mistakes down to a minimum.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
When I did the T1 I installed the swing arm and center stand then picked that up and set it on the engine which was on a jack a few inches off the ground. Then it's a case of picking up the rear and kicking the center stand down, leaning on that and shoving something under the engine so the rear can be assembled followed by the front end.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I did the T1 I installed the swing arm and center stand then picked that up and set it on the engine which was on a jack a few inches off the ground. Then it's a case of picking up the rear and kicking the center stand down, leaning on that and shoving something under the engine so the rear can be assembled followed by the front end.

Did the T1 have frame tubes?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
It's a 1978 CB400T1, same frame as the CB450SC. I was thinking about a different 400 earlier, here you can see where I stuck the frame only onto the engine then added the center stand and swingarm
GEDC2257.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's how I took the first engine off the frame. Remember I have two nighthawks.
Was doing the second one the same way and the engine and frame slid off the same jack you’re
using. (I didn’t put boards on the jack like you have it.)
So it’s on its side and the frame just lifted up and off the engine. Pretty sweet actually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts