1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Bill, You can have the Norton...I want the Laverda...Love them sloper engines!...and, I like the seat/tail section better...LOL.... (like I could ever afford either....) :(

Attachments

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew you'd like the Laverda, Steve - got that SuperHawk look, with the recessed cam cover and all.

Thanks, I believe I will take that Norton - when can you drop it off??

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Two days after the bikes are delivered to me...I'll ride it out to ya!..... You will have to buy dinner tho.... :shock:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
My friend Gary's father has a Norton Commando that is absolutely beautiful! An original survivor.. I'll have to try and get some pictures of it this summer. We're supposed to go to a bike show and enter it and some of his classic cars as well. He told me that if I wanted to ride the Commando to the show, that I could.. I hope he doesn't change his mind!!

P.S. Steve, drop off that Moto Guzzi at my place.. Toledo, IL. 62468 I'll have a steak waiting on ya!

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Suuurrrre GB...
Only now I have to haul two bikes in a truck instead of riding a classic.....
Somehow, that doesn't sound like it will be as much fun...... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(in our dreams guys...in our dreams.....)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Love the Norton, The Laverda with it's LARGER Super Hawk looks And the Guzzi IS Interesting, but I'd like to add one that some folks DON'T like, a Roya Enfield Interceptor

AND, I'd like to check this out as well:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bill440cars said:
Love the Norton, The Laverda with it's LARGER Super Hawk looks And the Guzzi IS Interesting, but I'd like to add one that some folks DON'T like, a Roya Enfield Interceptor

Awesome Enfields - what's not to like about a big honkin' twin??
On the first photo, are those upswept "peashooter" mufflers as original??

I'd ride both of them till the wheels fell off...........

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
tbpmusic said:
bill440cars said:

Awesome Enfields - what's not to like about a big honkin' twin??
On the first photo, are those upswept "peashooter" mufflers as original??

I'd ride both of them till the wheels fell off...........
Yep they are original pipes and mufflers. The owner HAS taken out the box that housed the battery and aircleaner though. And, while the 1st one has a drum brake, it is setup with brake shoes on both sides and actuates through 2 cables, like the Suzukis did later. I had a buddy in high school who bought on like the blue one and I got to ride it some. AWESOME ride! My buddy wouldn't take it out and RUN ir though and ever so often I got to take it pout and blow the soot out of it. ;)

I hear ya, those wheel bearing would get a healthy bit of exercise.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'll take the Guzzi. If I get a bike with a huge engine like that, it's gotta be comfy for long long rides and the Guzzi looks like it would be best for distance - BMW second but they are so common...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts