Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have really been scouring the internet. One problem on the internet is that it's hard to get a full catalog for all the mfg's and if you search retailers, you may not see a tire that a brand carries, but it could be ordered I'm sure. But I'm done trying to find both a matching pair of vintage style and a matching enduro style. I want to order these ones and I'll post pics when I do... gotta do some dish washing to earn some change first. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm very interested to see what you find.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I almost bought the MT66 for my cruiser but due to the odd front wheel size I went with the Commander II, they had very good reviews among that crowd but I always assume most of them are going long distance and slow haha.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I almost bought the MT66 for my cruiser but due to the odd front wheel size I went with the Commander II, they had very good reviews among that crowd but I always assume most of them are going long distance and slow haha.
I'm running the Commanders on the road bike. Long distance? yes. Slow? depends on the day. I like them, better than the Metzler ME888's they replaced and on a par with the Dunlop GT501's

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am running them now on my CM450C and they feel great. The bike is so loose compared to how it felt before. I wish I could have found the white lettering, though, those are too cool. The look isn't retro at all, really, so if I really want to build a show style bike, I'll have to swap them sometime later... but I just want to ride and we have tons of country roads around here that wind through the hills. I wanted more of a performance tire.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I don't recall anyone having run those to date. I've used the Metzler ME888's and currently running Michelin Commander 2's but I also have a 19" front wheel.
Hmmm... I wonder who could be running these.... Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Spoiler alert. its me.
They ride great.
I touched the footpeg on the ground going round a corner and they have not lost grip yet.

But. On slick surfaces. these are very slippy. but then again what street tire isnt.

I am running them now on my CM450C and they feel great. The bike is so loose compared to how it felt before. I wish I could have found the white lettering, though, those are too cool. The look isn't retro at all, really, so if I really want to build a show style bike, I'll have to swap them sometime later... but I just want to ride and we have tons of country roads around here that wind through the hills. I wanted more of a performance tire.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...var=485090566866&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I wonder who also just bought this on ebay... hahah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts