Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,090 Posts
If only they had the other plugs needed for the same price like the D8EA or B8ES

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yep, thinking the same.......

Butttttt.......what's wrong with using these plugs?

Are they bad, that's why they selling so cheaply????

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
All the stores have DR8ES or DR8ES-L as a recommended plug for my CM400T but I should get the D8EA instead?
That would solely depend on whether you have resistor plug caps or not.
Plug caps come in resistor type and non-restistor types. No need for resistor caps if you choose resistor plugs. If you choose resistor caps, no need for resistor plugs.

You can safely choose for yourself depending on what's available to you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
That would solely depend on whether you have resistor plug caps or not.
Plug caps come in resistor type and non-restistor types. No need for resistor caps if you choose resistor plugs. If you choose resistor caps, no need for resistor plugs.

You can safely choose for yourself depending on what's available to you.
Thanks, hmm I have no idea what I have, most likely original plug caps. Are they resistor or non-resistor types?
I guess they're non-resistor plug caps.

·
Super Moderator
23,090 Posts
The XD05F caps are 5K ohm resistance. Honda specified resisted caps and plugs for a number of models. Personally I won't run that combination, one or the other but not both.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The XD05F caps are 5K ohm resistance. Honda specified resisted caps and plugs for a number of models. Personally I won't run that combination, one or the other but not both.
Thanks! I could also see in the manual that the recommended spark plug is NGK D8EA. P.O put in DR8ES-L in my bike so I'm going to get D8EA instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts