Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...referring to both the CB350 K3 in my garage here in the UK and myself to this forum!

I've had an ex-US CL350 in my garage for 14 years, intending to restore it but life/other bikes/other projects means it never happened and I recently admitted to myself it probably never would (plus changes in the UK registration rules relating to imports means it's now harder to get a UK registration). Applying a bit of 'man logic' to the issue resulted in my deciding to buy another bike, hopefully ready to ride and use the original CL350 as a spares source (as I argued to my wife "I'll save loads not having to buy spares 'just in case'"!) Nice CL350s are fetching big bucks here in the UK so I ended up looking at a CB350 instead (just have to go without those sexy hi-level 'pipes!) for sale on Ebay in the North of England. It was again a US import, originally from Colorado where it seems the climate is kind to old bikes as there's no corrosion on it. Here in the wet 'n' windy UK, virtually all old bikes suffer corrosion - not helped by the salt on the roads in winter (I guess you guys who live in certain US states don't have that problem, your worst problem being sun damage - I'm so jealous!) The CB350 I've bought is literally corrosion-free and therefore quite a rarity for a bike that's not been restored. The seller had stripped, cleaned and re-assembled it, replacing some rubber items and polishing engine cases etc plus got it UK-registered. I was unable to view it before buying so threw caution to the winds and bought it purely on the seller's description and his pictures. It was delivered a few days ago and I'm fairly pleased with it apart from some dents in the tank which the seller forgot to mention (describing them as 'patina' when I asked him...!) I'll get the tank sorted and hopefully that will be all.....

I've got shop manuals but would like an owners manual - please can anyone on here oblige with a digital copy? (I've googled but drawn a blank other than seeing a post on here from a few years ago where a moderator ('Outobie'?) offered to email a copy to someone asking the same question - wonder if he's still active on here....? I'll also post my request in the appropriate section of the forum and cross my fingers...)

Regards (and thanks in advance to anyone who can help with the owners manual)

Tony Bellworthy
Exeter
UK

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Tony - and a proper introduction you've done, thanks. Not sure how many might have a copy of the owner's manual as they are harder to find, but a factory shop manual will be available if you don't already have the official one from Honda (Clymer, Haynes, etc. can't be totally trusted). Outobie is still here but getting out of bikes and into boats. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your bike - it's a prerequisite here :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome - it's appreciated. Already got the factory shop manual (back when I got the CL350 14 years ago - such plans I had (Sigh!)) and since I made my request, I investigated '4-stroke.net' and downloaded a user manual (I'd discounted it first time around as the pictures it contained appeared to be an older model but upon closer inspection, it might just be a Japanese -market model or similar as the important info. seems relevant. Pictures will follow when (1) I learn how to post them and (2) the tank's back from the PDR man (that's Paintless Dent Removal here in the UK - not sure if it's the same in the US!

p.s. My strategy's working!: the old CL's already given up her flasher relay to the new arrival (making it the most expensive 'relay in the world....!)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
"PDR"... interesting. Among many other things, I'm sure, PDR here means physician's desk reference, as in a catalog of drugs and their uses :D

here is how you upload pictures

post pics.jpg

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Tony,
Can't wait to see some photos. Both bikes! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts