Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
I recently acquired this bike for the cost of a new battery and key/ignition pod. Not running great, and there's an oil drip, but I continue to have hope that I can at least get it back to ridable. It's nearly the same model as the bike I started with in 1985 (a 1982 CM400 Custom), so I have soft spot for it. I went on to own a couple of KZ's and then did a bunch of touring on BMW twins through the early 2000's. I haven't ridden for 12 or so years, so this is my re-entree back to it.
I've learned (and re-learned) a lot on this forum, and am grateful it's here.
Thanks!
1981_Honda_CM400T.jpg

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome, nice bike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome aboard. That is a good looking bike. But you'll need a proper Factory Service Manual for the restore. PM sent.
These bikes look especially good in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, and thanks for the FSM link - that will be helpful I'm sure.
Hadn't hear of the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride - looks like a very worthwhile awareness raising event and effective fundraising mechanism for men's health.
~Sieg

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome prospective rider. Nice and clean bike you got there. Don't worry riding a motorcycle has not change in the last 12 years. I thought the DGR ride was pretty awesome too. There is one in Indy next week. I have already registered online so we'll see how it goes. I'll probably post some pics/ videos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts