Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just a quick post to say hello. I'm a relatively new biker as only did my CBT less than 2 years ago. The reason I did my CBT was I was travelling to Vietnam and the only way to really travel their is by motorcycle so I thought I better learn how to ride! The short version of the story is that I did my CBT in December 2015 and loved it. Bought a Suzuki VL125 Intruder 3 days later. Did 3000 miles before buying a Honda Win 110 in Vietnam and riding all the way across the country from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. Did my full test in July last year, and 3 days later bought a Suzuki Vstrom DL650 that I love.

I recently decided that I wanted a project bike to keep me entertained over winter. The plan being to build a street tracker-ish type bike. A couple of weeks ago I bought a Honda CD250U a couple of months out of MOT and looking quite tired. Here's what it looked like when I got it.

File 17-10-2017, 21 05 22.jpg

2 weeks and 9 hours work later I've got it pretty well stripped down as you can see

File 17-10-2017, 21 03 55.jpg

I'm sure I'll be posting lots of silly newbie questions soon :)

Thanks

Richard

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard. Not familiar with this model but looking at the parts fiche on CMSNL it appears to be one of the SOHC 250's. One site says it's a 180 degree crankshaft and the engine is the same as the US 250 models like the Rebel and Nighthawk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts