Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! I'm Dylan. Ive been riding motorcycles for a little over a year, starting with an 82 Honda CT110. A few weeks ago I found someone selling a stripped 79 CB400T I and I've spent a lot of time getting it put back together.

I'm in Logan, Utah.

Here are a few photos of my bike and the progress I've made!

As of August 17th, it was in the back of my car in pieces. As of August 30th I had it running! it's not quite driveable yet, but I'm getting it there.

This forum has already been a great help to me, and I'm excited to share the progress of my build going forward.

Peace!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good progress on the bike. You'll want a proper Factory Service manual. PM sent.

Reactions: snickklefrittz

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard.
The instrument cover/bezel ass'y. can't really be cleaned. However if you use Rustoleum Flat Black it comes out looking stock and good. Key to doing it is fogging the paint on by shooting a foot or more away from the part and very light coats letting it dry in between. That way you maintain the texture of the plastic.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
You could try a 60/40 % mixture of paint thinners and linseed oil to revive that plastic housing. I had an old lawnmower with a plastic fuel tank that had faded to grey from the sun. After a couple of treatments of that mixture, it came out looking like new and black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everybody! I'm Dylan. Ive been riding motorcycles for a little over a year, starting with an 82 Honda CT110. A few weeks ago I found someone selling a stripped 79 CB400T I and I've spent a lot of time getting it put back together.

I'm in Logan, Utah.

Here are a few photos of my bike and the progress I've made!

As of August 17th, it was in the back of my car in pieces. As of August 30th I had it running! it's not quite driveable yet, but I'm getting it there.

This forum has already been a great help to me, and I'm excited to share the progress of my build going forward.

Peace!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
A great projet. I have a new projet with a motorcycle honada CB 400T model 1978

Enviado desde mi SM-G900M mediante Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts