Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So I'm a VERY new rider with a '72 CB450 and it recently went down on its left side. It was in 1st when it went down and it didn't fall hard because I was holding the handle bars as it went down and i wasn't actually moving all that much. When I got it back up, there seemed to be some minor dripping from the tank. It stopped immediately after I turned the gas off. When I went to push it over to the side of the street, the chain seemed to be sticking or just not moving through properly, but when I put in neutral, and started to roll it again, the chain made no noise at all and seemed fine. I gave it a few minutes, and turned it back on (but didn't ride it) and everything seemed okay. The tank is VERY SLIGHTLY wobbly (it was like that when I bought it), but is that something to be concerned about now that it's gone down? And is there anything regarding the chain, tank, or anything else that I should be looking for??

Thanks! I feel like such a newb. LOL.

·
Registered
539 Posts
These things leak when they fall over. Your bike was still in gear re: the "chain problem". I'd be willing to bet everything's ok - wouldn't hurt to go through the bike tho as suggested just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
the tank is mounted by two rubber bushings in front and a rubber mount in the rear so it will slightly wobble, more so if any of the rubber mounts are bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts