Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have just acquired a 1981 Honda CB125T. My plan was to convert it to cafe racer but I am being told the bike is completely original. Hence, I will do few repairs to make her perfect. She is in good condition, mechanically and cosmetically.

I live in Kent / UK. It will be great to meet fellow members from same area.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Hey Lucky.
Welcome aboard!
Any pics of that little beast??

Reactions: lucky17

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, here it is. Please tell me if you see any aftermarket parts as I want to keep her as original as possible. It will be good confirm age/model as well.
mycb125t.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Not familiar with hat model at all but I have to say that I love the look!!
Nice and clean as well. Very sharp looking ride.
Perhaps it was only released in Europe.
Someone with more info will be along soon.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Welcome, nice to have another Brit on board.

Pleased to hear that you are going to keep it stock. Spares for that bike seem to be in good supply, check out Wemoto, as well as David Silvers, of course.

Honda CB 125 T2 79 Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer

For example, complete new barrel and pistons assembly for 100 quid, new exhausts ( pipe and silencer ) 76 quid per side.

There's an example of your bike flying around locally, seems to go well despite minimal care and attention from owner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ctrider, spirograph, richard_pitman - thank you for the warm welcome. I checked the VIN number and it looks like the exact model is 1981 CB125TB. Just got MOT'd and no issues whatsoever. However, I noticed that the left side is running a bit slower than right side after cold start, gets better when warm. I would say there is about 20% difference in frequency. what may be the issue? HTlead, sparks? I have no idea whatsoever.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That,s a real beauty,I noticed it has the same blinkers as my 1982 FT500 Ascot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Broken crankshaft? I didnt think the engine will run with a broken crankshaft. I am counting the puffs out of the exhaust by placing my hand against it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts