Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

My name is Ryan. As the title says I reside in Scranton PA, "ohhhh like the Office?" is the common reaction I get when introducing myself. My profession is a Plastics engineer specializing in product development. Of course hobbies include riding my 1970 CB350K2, motocross on my RMZ250, Golf, Wake-boarding, surfing, and long boarding. The Cb350 actually is my first on road bike and was a bit of a learning experience for me. Bought this buy barely running on 1 cyclinder and since have her tuned nicely and totally converted the charging system to a more modern Lithium set up with high output stator and electronic ignition. She Rips! I can't stop riding the damn thing! Love casual riding after work or early morning or early evenings. Hope I don't get too much hate for "ruining " a classic.

Looking forward to some great conversations & helpful tips that the experts on here can offer.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

free image hosting services

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ryan - Your bike looks great! Looking to do a similar brat/tracker with a CM450 that I picked up today. Did you paint or powder coat your wheels? How was the lithium battery tuck? Any advice? Feel free to PM me as I just started a build thread and will be following your lead.

Thanks - Jake

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ryan - Your bike looks great! Looking to do a similar brat/tracker with a CM450 that I picked up today. Did you paint or powder coat your wheels? How was the lithium battery tuck? Any advice? Feel free to PM me as I just started a build thread and will be following your lead.

Thanks - Jake
Hey Jake,

Thanks a lot! The wheels were powder coated, I did make the mistake of powder coating the spokes/nipples as well at once without first having my wheels entirely trued... So they are a bit unstable at high speeds. This winter I may cut the spokes out and relace them with new ones which could be adjusted in the future if needed.

For the battery tuck I custom folded some sheet metal, riveted together & sealed the corners with silicone. Tack welded it into place & finished up by painting it black. Also put inside some foam to hold the battery tightly in place. I would be happy to send some photos of the finished product.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard, looks like a nicely done cafe style.
I would suggest adding a fork brace, there are specific ones or you can use the front fender mounting bracket. The fork sliders need to move in unison for proper handling and the brace accomplishes that. I know it seems solid and the sliders seem to move evenly but under actual dynamic road conditions they can move independently and cause the front wheel to wander

1 - 4 of 4 Posts