Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!
Just picked up/bought my first vintage bike well.. my first motorcycle ever really. It's a 1973 Honda CB350, pretty excited about it. Figured this is a great community to be a part of in case anything comes up, so far it runs great (will be taking the sissy bar off for now though). Also, if anyone has any suggestions and a PDF version of the owner's manual that would be great!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome ! Nice looking bike.
But.....are you sure it's a 73 ?
Reason I ask is because the 73 bikes came with a front disc brake and your bike appears to not have that on it.
Of course, it may for some reason have been originally titled in 73 but manufactured earlier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome ! Nice looking bike.
But.....are you sure it's a 73 ?
Reason I ask is because the 73 bikes came with a front disc brake and your bike appears to not have that on it.
Of course, it may for some reason have been originally titled in 73 but manufactured earlier.
Thanks! Also, I can’t be completely sure but that’s what it said on the title. I purchased it from its second owner. it was originally his dad’s bike. Is there another way to verify which year it actually is if that is the case?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Look at the down tube (between the forks) on the right hand side and you should see a Vin number plate with the Vin number and the month and year of manufacturer. Back in the day, these bikes were titled by the year they were first sold, so the year on the Vin plate maybe different than the year on the title. My 350 Vin plate says 10/71 but it's a 72 and if it had not been first sold until 73 it would have been titled as a 73.
All 1973 CB 350's have a front disc brake, so your bike might be a 72 or a 71. If it has the fliptop locking gas cap then it's a 72 because I believe that was the first year they offered that (but don't quote me for sure, others on this forum are way more knowledgeable than me).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very nice example of 1972 CB350. I think it is a 72. It has a black headlight bucket. The 1971 head light bucket was painted to match the tank and side covers. Either way she’s a beauty!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts