Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been in the process of restoring a 1980 CM400T over the past few months, and have been coming here to read suggestions and get info, but haven't really had time to join up. My first bike was a '79 CB750K and have always wanted another one, so I came across this CM on craigslist for $300. I couldn't pass it up because the guy, who owns a motorcycle repair shop, said all it needed was the carbs rebuilt and a battery. Turns out he was correct. Score! So, after I got it running, I decided to so a frame-off resto. It's coming along nicely and my loving girlfriend (the bike model in me avatar pic) decided to name her Gretchen.

Now, the real reason I decided to join up...

I'm coming down to the final rebuild, and am having a real hard time coming across the right side cover. Does anyone know a good place, other than eBay (been trying for months) to find one? I don't really care about the color because I'm gonna repaint it anyway.

Also, any words of advice for rebuilding the engine?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Got any pics of it? That right side cover is getting harder and harder to find. Check the project logs for 'cafe'ers' or the parts for sale section.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You should have a proper Factory Service Manual. PM sent.
+1 on the pics.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts