Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My plan is to restore it this fall/winter. I’m very happily devorsed, so I’ll put in the dinning room when it gets cold out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From my iPhone. Should I do it from my computer.
I have a question, how do I know what model it is ? Like I see there are CB350G, or CB350kor K5

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
From my iPhone. Should I do it from my computer.
I have a question, how do I know what model it is ? Like I see there are CB350G, or CB350kor K5
Uploading from a phone often gives that kind of reaction for whatever reason. I do all my pictures from a computer and they go full size. If you post the first part of the VIN - CB350-300xxxx or 400xxxx or whatever - I can look it up in the Honda ID Guide. I think the G model had disc brake on the front

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, so for looking at parts mine is a G model. Would that also be a K5 that some sites post ? And can you point me to any good website for parts ? Looking forward to getting started on this right after my XJ550.
Thanks Marc

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Thanks, so for looking at parts mine is a G model. Would that also be a K5 that some sites post ? And can you point me to any good website for parts ? Looking forward to getting started on this right after my XJ550.
Thanks Marc
There was a CL350K5 but as far as I know, there was no CB350K5 - the G followed the K4, and in '74 the CB360 came out. As far as finding parts, here are a few suggestions.

David Silver Spares

4into1.com

Common Motor

along with Amazon and eBay - search for the part by name or by part number. If you don't know the part number, you can identify it here

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350g-super-sport-1973-usa_model1006/partslist/#.W03ZMGeWy00

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great info there. Thanks again for all your help. To me the bike looks to be in pretty good condition, has 10,800 miles on it. Carbs have been rebiult and drained of gas before he put it in storage. Only thing missing I can tell so far is a key, and the clamp for the right handlebar brake mount. Has the original tank, with one dent and rust inside, hope to pull the dent out and clean the rust.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Look at the ignition switch and see if there's a key code on it, and if there is go to eBay and do a search for Honda keys and you might find someone who has one. As for the right handlebar brake mount, do you mean the clamp that holds the master cylinder to the bars? Use the link to cmsnl.com above to look up the part number of the piece you need and search for it on eBay... if you have to buy something from cmsnl.com, just know that they are in The Netherlands and their shipping is high, so unless you need it new (NOS) then try to find it elsewhere

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Haha... :D no, I'm just another guy here who has had a fair amount of previous Honda ownership and mechanical experience. If you go to the Community menu at the upper area of the home page, there's a member list and you can sort it by joining date, number of posts, etc. and it shows who the Moderators are. They and the Admins are running this show, and they do a really good job. Most of us here like and appreciate the same things about vintage bike ownership and just enjoy helping people.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool. Thanks, I’m new to the Honda world. But the Cb/cl350 has always been a bike I wanted. Now I have one and can wait to start restoring it. Looks like I have almost all the parts on the bike. But needs work as they all do.
Thanks again for all the help.
Marc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts