Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Really new to this site, really new to biking.. so I'll tell you a little about myself..

My name is Damian, but you can call me MSFT(Misfit)

I just started riding this year, I've wanted to for a very long time but my Ex Wife..well she didn't go for it and because I was with her from my early 20s on.. I never ended up enjoying riding like I wanted to. So now that we are not together anymore.. boom bap I bought a bike :D

So my first bike.. The notoriously "boring" 1978 Honda CB400T II (Hawk II)... well.. I like it! And have been super happy with it thus far learning the ropes of riding. I was on a budget and was able to pick it up for $1800 with some carb work and tune up/safety etc I spent another $500-600 at the mechanic before I got it on the road.
The purpose of buying the older bike was due to A) I like the older model bikes more than the newer sport bikes(Crotch Rockets) B) Given the nature of it being older I thought it would be best to start to learn about the bike mechanically and try to do and fix things on my own... I have no real plans to "Cafe" it as you can see from the picture cosmetic stuff has been done to it and I personally think it looks great. There are some things in the future I would like to change(Gauges for example, the stock one is atrocious) but other than that not to much. I do have knowledge in electronics but not in mechanics for the most part.

I'm looking forward to learning what I can from you guys as I believe this is quite a valuable resource to be a part of moving forward.
Thank you

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good looking bike. Dan has already PM'd you WRT the FSM. Get the 108MB version as it is searchable and has color wiring diagrams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts