Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings ya'll from Warsaw, IN. I'm new here and just purchased what was described by the original owner as a "lawn ornament", I got it for $50 and it's a 1974 CB450. It shows less than 6k miles, plugs were extremely clean, but everything else is rusty or dirty or corroded.
Anyway, I'm a Harley nut...ride a 2005 Road King and the wife rides too, a 2008 Heritage, but I've had many bikes over the years, 17 of them I think, and only about 50% were American, so I'm not necessarily biased.
I've just been missing something sporty in my life and I have the cafe bug now...I know, purists are shuddering again, but you'll get over it.
The first thing I've always done with a new purchase is look for quality forums to join. Groups like this one are priceless! Can you imagine getting this kind of info and advice from your local library? I think not...

Thanks for letting me hang out.

ScottRod
ScottRod Customs, Warsaw,IN

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Hi scotride. Even those dastardly low-life bums who violate our pieces of historical treasure are welcome here and you couldn't have found a better source of knowledge and advice. I look forward to watching your progress as you transform this jewel into what you want it to be. (That means we like pictures!)

Here's a link to some info that will help you to become assimilated by the group.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3797

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your bike.

Your signature got my curiosity going and I checked out your site. I believe I've fallen in love with that Willy's Kingpin rolling chassis. I'll be looking for your project thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry IndieSol, but that's not me. My ScottRod Customs is just a hobby business centered around custom built bicycles, BUT I am into hotrods and old cars as well. Weird, I had to Google that myself!

ScottRod

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks. Sorry about the Black Bomber name, I didn't realize everyone had that on their profile.

ScottRod

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just moved from Portland, OR to Vancouver, WA (just a few mins away) a year ago. Portland has a HUGE custom bike scene. Lots of really good builders, the city is pretty bike friendly (to the dismay of many motorists) and there are very large critical mass rides all the time. If you're ever in the NW, make sure to check out Portland.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts