Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vintage Connections - Motorcycle Terminals and Connectors - Vintage Connections

As many of you might already know, Vintage Connections is now owned and operated by Sparck Moto. We've launched a new (mobile friendly) website to help make it even easier to get the quality terminals, connectors, and wiring supplies that you need.

In celebration, domestic shipping will be free for the remainder of February and March and international shipping will be discounted $10.

Also, our new web site is built, not bought, so please let me know if you see anything that could use some improvement!

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
New website is sooooooo much cleaner than the 1990's "frames" old site.
Only thing I noticed was the image loading was slow, it scrolled down until the entire picture was there. Once that was done it loads fast, probably due to cache.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Last time I ordered from VC I got my PayPal payment returned saying he didn't deal with the UK any more, even though I had purchased previously from him no worries. He did point me to another USA company though ....who sold the same stuff and they shipped to me fine(soft PVC silver grey sleeve/Hitachi block connectors)

One thing I have never found is the brown circular connector for the CB350K / CB750 Ignition switch. Yamiya sell the mating half that is part of the main wiring loom ..very expensive though. Not sure who made them originally possibly Yazaki.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last time I ordered from VC I got my PayPal payment returned saying he didn't deal with the UK any more, even though I had purchased previously from him no worries. He did point me to another USA company though ....who sold the same stuff and they shipped to me fine(soft PVC silver grey sleeve/Hitachi block connectors)

One thing I have never found is the brown circular connector for the CB350K / CB750 Ignition switch. Yamiya sell the mating half that is part of the main wiring loom ..very expensive though. Not sure who made them originally possibly Yazaki.
You're in luck on both counts. We are now happy to ship to the UK and we are in the process of recreating the brown circular connector (also used on the stator connection). I'm expecting the new connectors in stock before the end of March.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The site isn't mobile friendly by the way.

EDIT: Never mind that. I had tried accessing it yesterday with my phone and the menu was overlapping the main screen making it impossible to navigate or select anything.
But I just tried it again now and it appears to have been fixed.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The site isn't mobile friendly by the way.

EDIT: Never mind that. I had tried accessing it yesterday with my phone and the menu was overlapping the main screen making it impossible to navigate or select anything.
But I just tried it again now and it appears to have been fixed.
Yup. We had a couple of teething problems but are working through them as best we can. Thank you very much for the feedback!

·
Registered
521 Posts
You're in luck on both counts. We are now happy to ship to the UK and we are in the process of recreating the brown circular connector (also used on the stator connection). I'm expecting the new connectors in stock before the end of March.
WOW ...impressed!!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
A few weeks ago I ordered 5 sections of PVC wiring sleeve, 3 in different sizes of black and 2 in silver. The only complaint I had at first was that it was folded over and taped to ship instead of being wrapped around something round to avoid kinking, which it was when initially unpacked. I used a trick I learned from my Dad and taped the sections to a shelf so they could hang naturally for a few overnights and the kinks came out, thankfully... I want it to look right when I use it to re-design my handlebar and instrument harnesses and the harnesses formerly in the headlight case (now re-located under the tank to keep the front clean), and now it will

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah... we've definitely fought with the best way to ship the sleeving. It's a large, but light, item and because we usually use flat rate shipping for most of our orders, it can get very expensive very quickly if we don't find a way to reduce the volume.

Like you mentioned, the creases and kinks do come out without too much difficulty (you can even make use of it immediately and it will straighten on its own).

We're continuing to look for improvements, however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts