Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I`m after recommendations where to buy a new set of valves for my CB450K1. You can buy them from CMS it just could be but CMS parts of late seam overpriced. If anyone has tried other suppliers please let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Valves deep ridges on the flats and sadly would be to thin after grinding, thank you for the tips looks like places to purchase them are limited.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Someone should contact Kibblewhite and get a batch made up. I have had them make custom valves for some projects.
TOOLS

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
There are lots of new and reproduction valves on ebay. Just go over a do a search. My head had about 24,000 miles on it and the valves were grooved. The valves and seats cleaned up just fine. The stems needed to be shortened a bit to allow adjustment. It looks like old OEM valves are about $80-90 each. I've put about 2,000 miles on the bike and it runs great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are lots of new and reproduction valves on ebay. Just go over a do a search. My head had about 24,000 miles on it and the valves were grooved. The valves and seats cleaned up just fine. The stems needed to be shortened a bit to allow adjustment. It looks like old OEM valves are about $80-90 each. I've put about 2,000 miles on the bike and it runs great.
Interesting, I`m a Machinist buy trade I will give it a try machine the valve seat and shortened if needed thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
It is common practice to face the valve stems when grinding valves. The valve grinding machine is designed to do this as well as the seating surface. You usually remove around 0.002" from the stem.
TOOLS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts