Honda Twins banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was scrounging at the shop today for the odd parts I promised to several members, .... A guy stopped by and asked if I wanted a "free" bike (just to get it out of his backyard).... I am now the proud owner of another DOHC 450....A K4..... It's rough, but a lot of good parts.......ANYBODY need some?...... I gotta scrape up enough to finish the 90 and the "Vintage-look 175" before May........ :D :D :D :D :D :D Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
While I was scrounging at the shop today for the odd parts I promised to several members, .... A guy stopped by and asked if I wanted a "free" bike (just to get it out of his backyard).... I am now the proud owner of another DOHC 450....A K4..... It's rough, but a lot of good parts.......ANYBODY need some?...... I gotta scrape up enough to finish the 90 and the "Vintage-look 175" before May........ :D :D :D :D :D :D Steve
Cool, I'll take the piston rings and head gasket. :)

Seriously, does the speedometer and tripmeter work? Bill probably wants it more, but if it's got a battery cover I'll take that if he doesn't want it.

Is the gas cap in pit free condition?

How about the rear shocks? Pics? Do they have any damping to them, or do they go 'boing, boin' like mine.
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check and get back to ya...... Will post some pics tomorrow....
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, I should be able to fit the entire trans, drum, forks and all in a "flat-rate" priority mail box (about $10 shipping cost)..... You'll get the bat cover IF it has one, and Mike can have the gas cap if it's nice.... I really haven't had time to do anything but unload it at the shop.... Haven't even tried to kick it through....LOL.... I'm keeping the points plate, advance,and the carbs.... but the cams, rockers, etc.. are up for grabs if they are good..... Pretty much everything can go for a "token" payment plus shipping.... I'll list the good stuff tomorrow.......Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,495 Posts
66Sprint said:
Bill, I should be able to fit the entire trans, drum, forks and all in a "flat-rate" priority mail box (about $10 shipping cost)..... You'll get the bat cover IF it has one, and Mike can have the gas cap if it's nice.... I really haven't had time to do anything but unload it at the shop.... Haven't even tried to kick it through....LOL.... I'm keeping the points plate, advance,and the carbs.... but the cams, rockers, etc.. are up for grabs if they are good..... Pretty much everything can go for a "token" payment plus shipping.... I'll list the good stuff tomorrow.......Steve
Steve -

You don't want a PayPal, do you??
We were talking about a 350 triple clamp too - I'll be glad to get you some cash however you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,495 Posts
Flugtechnik said:
I'm still in need of some side cover posts and the removable CL exhaust tip.
I may have one side cover post.
I'll try to check over the next few days - it may take a while to find, I'm back on The Road over the next few weeks (New Mexico, mainly).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
steve,
how bout the head light trim ring, should be the same as my k4 cl? if it's in ok shape and you want to sell it let me know. maybe you could ship it with my lower triple clamp.

Bryan
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike ... I found two 450 speedos with good tripmeters..... I'll send both for shipping cost... gas cap rusty, shocks are crap....
Bill, The battery cover was gone... I'll be disassembling the engine tomorrow, and will get your trans parts....
Bryan, CL trim ring is smaller, have several, but no really nice ones....Working on your tree.....
Anyway, here it is....LOL.....

Steve......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
Mike ... I found two 450 speedos with good tripmeters..... I'll send both for shipping cost... gas cap rusty, shocks are crap....
Bill, The battery cover was gone... I'll be disassembling the engine tomorrow, and will get your trans parts....
Bryan, CL trim ring is smaller, have several, but no really nice ones....Working on your tree.....
Anyway, here it is....LOL.....
That's very gracious of you Steve. I'll PM you with my address. Reply with your PayPal and I'll send you some money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
Mike ... I found two 450 speedos with good tripmeters..... I'll send both for shipping cost... gas cap rusty, shocks are crap....
Bill, The battery cover was gone... I'll be disassembling the engine tomorrow, and will get your trans parts....
Bryan, CL trim ring is smaller, have several, but no really nice ones....Working on your tree.....
Anyway, here it is....LOL.....

Steve......
Steve, I'm confused. Take a look at this pic of my K4 CB450. Doesn't that look like the small headlight ring to you? Is it not stock? I recently bought a headlight and shell off eBay that said it was for a 450. It had the high beam on top of the shell (like mine) so I bought it. I thought the K5's had the larger shell (like your bike) without the high beam but with a 3rd screw instead. I bought a shell recently that is larger than mine so I assumed the seller had advertised it wrong.

Do you think it's possible that the shell on my bike was a replacement from a CL?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Now I'm really confused. I looked up the CB450 K3-K4 in the parts fiche and came up with this part number for the headlight ring 33101-292-672. I then looked up that part number and expected to see the K3-K4 CB450 but all it showed was the CB 175's, a couple of years of the CB350 and the CL450's.

That's a little odd doncha think? Have you checked the VIN on your bike? Could it be a K5?

Here is the K3-K4 fiche for the headlight ring.



.....and here is the search of the parts fiche for the part number...

 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You didn't add a link to the pic... I'll recheck it tomorrow, I'm tearing the whole bike down then anyway...... Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
steve, if you have several cl head light trim rings, i'll take one, it don't have to be real nice, mine is hammered with some serious road rash. let me know how much.

Bryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Hey Steve...can I put my name in for the exhaust cam and the carbs?
As noted the EX cams go quicker than the IN's and I would love to have a spare floating around... :D
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Garry, Your on first on the list for the EX cam..... I'm keeping the carbs as they are surprisingly clean.... I do have a "dirty" set they are replacing...... Please e-mail me (rather than PM) at [email protected] and we'll make arraingements to get those to you..... Steve.....
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys... Please write "shipping address" or "Hondatwins"" in the subject of any e-mails... My spam filter is eating any "no subject" mails....
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To ALL who are expecting "boxes".... I have most of the parts sorted, and should be mailing them all Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning..... :D Steve
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top